Last modified: 11/4/2020
Genvid Technologies Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Genvid” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
We have released the Rival Peak game (the “Game”) that is available on Facebook’s Instant Games Platform, a platform provided by Facebook Ireland Ltd. or its affiliated entities (“Facebook“).
- The types of information we may collect or that users of the Game (“you“) may provide when you access or use the Game.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Genvid games, application, software or websites, including websites you may access through the Game.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including Facebook (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our other websites and games, and these third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
We collect the following information through Facebook when:
You first access our Game. Facebook assigns one unique identifier per user consisting in a random string of number or of numbers and letters, which is linked to your Facebook account (the “User ID”), and discloses this User ID to us. The User ID is not personally-identifiable information as we do not have the capacity to use it to trace back to you. We also do not obtain any personally-identifiable information, such as your name, Facebook user name, gender or other similar information (“personal information”) about you from Facebook. Please note that it is not possible to use the Game without the User ID. We also receive a truncated Internet Protocol (IP) address, which only allows us to know your general location (generally, at the city level only).
- You use the Game. In order to access and play the Game, we collect and process data on the use of the Game, such as game process, decisions made in the game, scores achieved, ongoing or paused game sessions in connection with each User ID. We also receive a truncated Internet Protocol (IP) address, which only allows us to know your general location (generally, at the city level only).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect through the Game:
- To provide you with the Game and its contents; and
- To improve our Game, products or services, or customer relationships and experiences.
Usage information that we collect helps us to improve our Game and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To other players or users. Other players and users may see your profile information and in-game activities, as well as any other information you choose to share with them.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- According to applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as analytics and search engine providers that help us optimize and improve our services. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process personal information following the same standards set out in this policy.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, according to applicable law.
Transferring Your Private Information
As mentioned above, the Game currently does not collect personal information.
We use facilities operated by third-parties and located worldwide to make the Game available to you. This is to ensure the best-possible experience.
Facebook Push Notifications
You are provided with information about our Game and relevant content through messages sent through Facebook Game Messenger Bots (the “Push Notifications”). The Push Notifications are sent by Facebook, are available on all games and are set with consent from User. The delivery of such Push Notifications is done by associating your Facebook account with the User ID, which is done by Facebook, not us. You may choose to opt out of the Push Notifications at any time by disabling the function through your Facebook settings.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against accidental loss, damage, unauthorised access or unauthorised changes. However, we wish to point out that privacy and data security cannot be guaranteed for transmissions outside of our sphere of influence, notably through the Facebook network or mobile network.
The transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information transmitted through the Game. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any Game privacy settings or security measures.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Game is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
As mentioned above, the Game currently does not collect any personal information. Should that change in the future and you would want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information, you may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. You can always choose to remove our Game from your list of active Game. By doing so, we will not be able to make additional requests for user data or send messages. You may also opt to delete your game history on Facebook by checking the box provided in the deletion section.
Contact Information and Compliance